Alcohol Detox Orange County
When Quitting Drinking Can Be Dangerous
Alcohol is a controlled substance in the U.S. that’s legal for adults aged 21 years or older. Although it’s legal, alcohol can have harmful effects on users, especially those who misuse alcohol and drink excessively. Those individuals may have developed an addiction to alcohol. That means that they may experience cravings for alcohol with the inability to stop drinking, despite the negative consequences of their behavior. If this sounds like you or a loved one, you may consider alcohol detox Orange County residents can access.
For those who wish to stop drinking or change their drinking patterns, it’s beneficial to seek help from addiction professionals. Quitting drinking alcohol cold turkey or on your own can have dangerous withdrawal side effects, such as headaches, high blood pressure, anxiety, delirium tremens, and even death. How much, how often, and how long alcohol was misused can all impact the severity of withdrawal symptoms. Additionally, adults who have a past history of alcohol withdrawal seizures and individuals with co-occurring physical or mental health conditions may be at a higher risk of experiencing more serious alcohol withdrawal symptoms. For a safe and comfortable withdrawal experience, join a center for alcohol detox in Orange County.
Click here to call Muse Addiction Center today. Our staff is available 24/7 to provide answers and begin the admissions process. Call (800) 426-1818.
Who Needs Professional Alcohol Detox?
Alcohol detox is the first step to alcohol addiction recovery in Orange County, but no one should try to go through withdrawal alone. If you want help getting sober, then professional alcohol detox Orange Country might be a good fit for you. Alcohol detox occurs when the body is cleansed of harmful toxins, such as drugs or alcohol. But you may wonder, “Do I need professional alcohol detox?” The answer is most likely yes.
While it’s not 100 percent certain that you will develop or experience withdrawal symptoms, it’s highly encouraged that you seek professional alcohol addiction treatment from an alcohol rehab facility. According to the American Addiction Centers, many adults recovering from an addiction to alcohol reported greater success when using physician-assisted withdrawal management strategies. Alternatively, going through alcohol detox alone or without professional help has an extremely high risk of relapse. Other benefits of professional alcohol detox in Orange County include:
- A safe healing environment
- You may receive medically-assisted treatment or MAT
- You can learn more about yourself and your addiction
- You can receive individualized treatment that addresses your personal needs and recovery goals
- A holistic approach to treatment
- Learning new coping strategies
- Additional peer support
- Alumni support after graduation
How to Find a Facility That Offers Alcohol Detox in Orange County
According to the National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA), there are more than 14,500 specialized addiction treatment centers in the U.S. Since alcohol addiction affects each person differently, it’s important to find the right rehab facility that addresses your specific needs and specializes in addiction recovery techniques.
To find a facility that offers alcohol detox Orange County, start with some online research to locate addiction treatment centers near you. Once you have a good list, narrow down the options by considering the specializations, therapy techniques, amenities, and other important details. Treatment facility amenities may include:
- Residential treatment
- Outpatient services
- Relapse prevention tools
- Fitness programs
- Anger and stress management programs
- Intensive outpatient care
- Support groups and 12-step programs
- Detox services and medically-assisted detox
- Alumni programs
- Pharmaceutical tools
- Transitional services
- Behavioral therapies
- Mindfulness meditation and yoga
- Individual, group, and family therapy
- Integrated treatment for co-occurring disorders
- Nutritional services
- Educational programs
- Art therapy
The amenities offered will depend on the specific treatment center. When considering what alcohol detox Orange County facility is right for you, consider these things to ensure you receive the best care possible.
Inpatient vs. Outpatient Rehab After Alcohol Detox
After fully detoxing from alcohol, it’s recommended that patients enter a treatment program. When it comes to the type of treatment needed, there are two main options: inpatient treatment or outpatient treatment. Each equally focuses on healthy rehabilitation, however, the different types of treatment have unique attributes and benefits to offer patients.
Inpatient or residential treatment requires individuals to check themselves into a facility to address substance use disorder, co-occurring mental health conditions, and other harmful behaviors. Patients live on-campus at the treatment center and receive 24-hour medical and emotional support during this time. Typically, this type of treatment is recommended for individuals who struggle with a moderate to severe addiction to alcohol.
The second type of addiction treatment is an outpatient program. Oftentimes, outpatient treatment is less intensive than inpatient rehab. While inpatient programs require individuals to live on-site, outpatient rehab allows individuals to return home after participating in therapy and addiction recovery techniques. Many individuals in outpatient rehab attend treatment for three to five hours a day, three to six days a week. The frequency of treatment depends on the person and their experience with addiction.
Is Alcohol Detox Dangerous Without Professional Help?
It’s not recommended that those with an alcohol addiction go through detox alone. Instead, it’s encouraged for those individuals to seek help from a professional alcohol detox Orange County facility. The reason is that alcohol detox can be dangerous and here’s why:
- Dangerous side effects: Studies show that about half of all people who experience an addiction to alcohol will also experience withdrawal side effects when they stop drinking. These symptoms can start within hours of the last drink and last for several days or weeks.
- Delirium tremens: Delirium tremens are a life-threatening symptom that may occur during alcohol detox. Typically, this side effect is more common in long-term alcohol users with severe addiction. Studies show that about one in every 20 people going through alcohol detox experience delirium tremens.
- Dehydration: Dehydration is dangerous for the body and mind. Dehydration is a common symptom of alcohol withdrawal and can cause nausea or diarrhea.
- Vitamin depletion: Detoxing from alcohol can cause malnourishment because individuals in withdrawal can lose their appetite. Research shows that of those who are battling an addiction to alcohol, about 80 percent report a deficiency of vitamin B1. At a treatment center, addiction professionals can provide the correct vitamins and nutrients to make up for any deficiencies
Muse Can Help With Alcohol Detox in Orange County
If you or a loved one struggles with alcohol addiction, you may benefit from alcohol detox at Orange County at Muse Treatment. Muse Treatment offers all patients an individualized approach to recovery with tailored treatment plans based on the needs of each individual. By taking a holistic approach to healing, Muse Treatment focuses on the whole patient, including the body, mind, and spirit.
When it comes to alcohol detox, Muse Treatment offers medical detox designed to keep you safe and comfortable during your road to recovery. Even better, Muse Treatment provides affordable care to reduce the risk of relapse so you can achieve long-lasting recovery, even after completing an alcohol detox in Orange County. For more information about alcohol detox services and addiction treatment options, call Muse Treatment at (800) 426-1818.