Alcohol Rehab in Anaheim
Inpatient vs. Outpatient Addiction Treatment
If drinking alcohol has become a problem in your life and you are ready to get help, it may be difficult to know what type of rehab program will work best for you. There are two main categories in that rehabilitation programs fall into inpatient (or residential) rehab and outpatient rehab. They both have their pros and cons. Rehab is not a one-size-fits-all process. Regarding alcohol rehab for Anaheim residents, they all have unique lifestyles, health care, and practical needs, so receiving a program tailored to them is important.
Inpatient alcohol rehab is the type of rehab that takes place inside the treatment center. Patients will move in, usually for at least a month, and live there full-time, sleeping in a dorm-type room or a private room at night. The days are fully structured and planned out, and every day consists of programming that may include different types of evidence-based therapy (cognitive behavioral therapy, psychotherapy, group therapy, etc.), along with other programming that will benefit their overall health.
Each alcohol rehab center near Anaheim differs in what they offer, but at Muse, we have exercise programs, we offer nutritional education and healthy eating programs, there are several process groups to choose from, and we introduce different forms of holistic healing like meditation. Depending on how you feel and your doctors’ recommendations, after inpatient rehab is complete, you may move on to a partial hospitalization program, an intensive outpatient program, or start your aftercare treatment plan.
Outpatient alcohol rehab near Anaheim is different because you continue to live at home (or you may move into a sober living home) as you receive treatment. These programs are often customized to the patient’s needs, so they can continue to work or go to school, attending doctor’s appointments, therapy, support groups, and other treatment in the mornings, evenings, or weekends. This is often a good option for people who cannot leave home (for example, single parents or those who may damage their careers by taking time off), but outpatient rehab is not right for everybody.
The only way to know for sure what types of care are available and which ones will most benefit you in your unique situation is to speak to your doctor or talk to somebody at a treatment center near you. For drug and alcohol rehab, Anaheim residents can call Muse to be connected with a caring professional who can assist them in deciding on their next step. They will give you the information you need without pressuring you in any way.
Click here to call Muse Addiction Treatment Center today. Our staff is available 24/7 to provide answers and begin the admissions process. Call (800) 426-1818.
7 Benefits of Inpatient Alcohol Rehab
Inpatient rehab is often the best option for those with alcohol use disorder because the withdrawal symptoms can sometimes become severe, and the health hazards associated with quitting alcohol use may require close oversight by doctors. Starting your recovery journey within a structured and sober environment will also benefit you, as it can be difficult to avoid the temptation to drink when you are at home. Living inside an alcohol-free facility will take you one step further from relapse. Some other benefits to inpatient alcohol rehab Anaheim residents will see include:
- 24-hour oversight by medical professionals
- A comfortable, safe, and stable place to stay as you rehabilitate
- There are short-term and long-term programs to choose from, depending on your needs
- Treatment can cover all aspects of your addiction, including social issues, spiritual health, and behavioral health
- You can try out different types of therapy and involve family members if you wish
- It is often partially or completely covered by insurance
- Once your 30 to 90 days are up, you will have access to resources that will help you transition back into normal life, with or without outpatient rehab
5 Ways Inpatient Alcohol Rehab is Better Than Outpatient Help
Inpatient rehabilitation programs offer quite a bit more structure than outpatient treatment plans, which can be especially beneficial to those in their first few months of recovery. While outpatient rehab can be helpful for some, it also puts a lot of responsibility on you as you try to maintain a healthy work/life/therapy balance. Inpatient alcohol rehab may be better because:
- You will be surrounded by peer support, helping you feel less alone in your recovery
- There is strong support for those with dual diagnosis and those who are starting new prescription medications for mental health disorders or in a medication-assisted treatment plan
- You will be provided with healthy meals and engaging exercise programs that will help you gain strength and get healthy
- You will have a chance to step outside of your everyday life to gain a new perspective on things
- You will be away from the daily stress of maintaining your home, going to work, etc. so you can focus on healing
5 Things to Look for in an Alcohol Rehab Facility
California has literally hundreds of rehab facilities to choose from. When you are choosing a treatment center for alcohol use disorder, you may want to look for the following features and programs:
- A medical alcohol detox program near Anaheim that provides 24-hour medical care, along with prescription medications to keep you safe and help you stay comfortable
- An accredited facility, with all doctors, nurses, psychologists, counselors, etc. licensed and legally allowed to provide care
- A clean and comfortable environment that makes you feel safe
- An integrative approach to healing that treats you as a whole person, healing the body, mind, and spirit
- Aftercare programming that is provided to all patients to help them stay sober after their time in rehab is complete
Call Muse for the Best Alcohol Rehab in Anaheim
If you are ready to start your sobriety journey, Muse can help you overcome this serious disease.
From the time you check in, treatment will begin. You will first have an evaluation so we can tailor your program to you, and then begin detox. At Muse, our medical detox program will keep you safe with medical treatments and prescription medications to prevent pain, anxiety, discomfort, and dangerous health risks. After about a week, you will begin your treatment plan, working with professionals in therapies like:
- Cognitive behavioral therapy
- Trauma-focused cognitive behavioral therapy
- Dialectical behavioral therapy
- Interpersonal therapy
- Family therapy
- Holistic treatments
- Exercise and wellness plans
- Relapse prevention
- Process groups
- Life skills and vocational skills
- Educational seminars
- Community support group meetings
Your treatment program will be customized to you so that you can get to the underlying root of your addiction, deal with any mental health issues that may be present, and heal your mind, body, and spirit in a safe, serene environment. In our inpatient rehab program, you will gain healthy habits and coping mechanisms for stress that will last you a lifetime. Once your program is complete, you will receive as much support and continuing care as you need to stay sober long-term.
If it feels like time to start alcohol rehab, Anaheim residents can trust Muse Treatment. Please call us today at (800) 426-1818 to get started. We are here to help, and our team can provide you with all the information you need to make an informed decision on your next step.