Alcohol Rehab Oakland
Muse Treatment Is a Top Alcohol Addiction Treatment Facility in California
Muse Treatment is the top-rated alcohol rehab Oakland residents can count on because we understand that each and every one of our clients is a unique individual who deserves personalized treatment. We will get to know you as a person and customize your treatment plan according to your needs. This includes your medical needs of course, but we also take into account factors like your mental wellness, your budget and insurance, your preferences, your beliefs and values, and your recovery goals.
Click here to call Muse Addiction Center today. Our staff is available 24/7 to provide answers and begin the admissions process. Call (800) 426-1818.
8 Signs of Alcohol Addiction
Alcohol use disorder is a serious issue that must be addressed with alcohol addiction treatment. If you are not sure whether you should seek treatment, you may want to look for the following signs of alcohol addiction:
- An uncontrollably strong desire to drink alcohol
- Developing a tolerance
- Hiding your drinking from loved ones or feeling ashamed of your drinking
- Losing interest in normal activities and hobbies you used to enjoy
- Engaging in uncharacteristically risky behavior while drinking
- Experiencing uncontrollable mood swings
- Continuing to drink even though you know it is causing serious problems in your life
- Being unable to quit drinking or noticing withdrawal symptoms when you try to stop
What Should a Top Alcohol Rehab Offer?
Some of the most important things offered at alcohol rehab Oakland residents may want to look for are:
- Tailored treatment plans: The main thing that all of the best alcohol rehab centers offer is customization in a treatment plan. Every person is unique in many ways, and addiction treatment cannot be one size fits all. What works for one person may not work for another.
- Medical detox options: Alcohol detox in Oakland can sometimes become very intense and can quickly become dangerous to your health. Having an inpatient detox center with licensed and board-certified doctors and nurses on staff and available 24 hours a day is imperative to many clients’ safety during the first week or two of treatment.
- Treatment for the Underlying Issues: Addiction is so much more than what meets the eye. For many, the reasons behind developing a substance use disorder are complex. Alcohol is often used as a coping mechanism for various other factors. A mix of social, behavioral, emotional, and mental health issues often must be addressed concurrently. If these are not addressed, the risk of relapsing is very high, as the main problem has not been dealt with.
- Evidence-Based therapy: Evidence-based therapies like cognitive behavioral therapy, experiential therapy, psychotherapy (1-on-1 therapy), and dialectical behavioral therapy are important to address the underlying causes of addiction. Incorporating holistic healing may increase the overall effectiveness of an alcohol treatment plan, but treatment for addiction needs to be rooted in science first.
- Family and Community Involvement: Incorporating as much family and community into the treatment process as possible will help you build a strong support system that is crucial for a sober life. Having strong and trustworthy people to lean on in recovery can make all the difference for many people. Through family therapy, you may also find ways to rebuild damaged relationships.
- Long-Term Connections to Support: Once your time in rehab is complete, that does not mean you are “cured.” There will be moments when you may need somebody to lean on or somewhere to go. Support groups, 12-step groups, connections to doctors and therapists, and other recovery resources will help you when times are tough.
10 Benefits of Traveling for Alcohol Rehab
Coming to Los Angeles for rehab can provide you with several benefits, like:
- It will put a physical distance between you and the people or places that could trigger a relapse
- Traveling can give you a sense of adventure and a fresh new beginning
- You may gain a new perspective on your life from afar
- Removing yourself from the stress of everyday life will allow you to truly focus on yourself
- It can reduce your risk of running into somebody you know, a benefit for those who want their experience to stay private
- You will be less likely to leave rehab before your program is complete
- Being away from home can give your loved ones time and space to heal
- You will demonstrate your commitment to recovery to yourself and others
- You may receive a higher quality of care in a new city
- Los Angeles has a strong recovery community that you can take part in
How Long Does Alcohol Rehab Take?
- Detox: Most people entering alcohol rehab must spend at least some time in an inpatient medical detox program. This may take anywhere from a few days to two weeks, depending on factors like the length of time you have had an alcohol use disorder and the amount of alcohol you have been consuming daily, as well as genetic and biological factors. Once you complete your detox plan, the next steps are:
- Inpatient rehab: 30 to 90 days. Moving into the treatment center for a full month or longer is often the best option for those recovering from alcohol addiction, as it is a supportive and sober space free from temptations. You will gain healthy habits and routines like eating right and getting a good night’s sleep as you work hard daily to regain control over your life, regain your sense of self, and learn the recovery skills you need to stay sober long-term.
- Partial hospitalization program: 2 to 4 weeks. After inpatient rehab, if you are not feeling ready to jump directly back into your everyday life, you may opt for the partial hospitalization day program. You will spend full days (up to 6 hours a day, 5 to 7 days a week) in treatment and therapy while living at home.
- Intensive outpatient program: 1 to 6 months. The IOP can be customized to suit your needs, as you spend a few hours a day, three or more times per week, receiving high-quality therapy, medical care, support groups, and another programming. Many IOP treatments are offered in the evenings or early mornings so you can get back to your normal life, including work or school.
- Aftercare: Lifetime. Aftercare with Muse includes case management services, connections to local 12-step groups, ongoing connections to therapists and doctors, and medication management services for individuals in medication-assisted treatment (MAT) plans. You can always return to Muse Treatment if you wish to return for additional care on an inpatient or outpatient basis. We are here for you.
Muse Treatment Is a Premier Choice for Alcohol Rehab for Oakland Residents
Whether this is your first time coming to rehab or you have been through relapse more than a few times, recovery is possible. All it takes is figuring out the right treatment methods for your individual needs. At Muse, our comprehensive care plans are provided by expert staff who truly want to help you in any way they can. We offer various therapies and treatment options that can help you work through physical discomfort, emotional pain, psychological issues and trauma, mental illness, social issues, and other factors that may have contributed to your developing an addiction. Combining medical care with therapy, spirituality, and plenty of support, we can help you achieve long-term sobriety on your terms.
Some of the therapies we offer include:
- Individual psychotherapy
- Group therapy
- Family therapy
- Cognitive behavioral therapy
- 12-step programs like Alcoholics Anonymous
- Nutrition and fitness programs
- Dual diagnosis for co-occurring mental illness
- Mindfulness practice
- Eye movement desensitization and reprocessing (EMDR)
- Art therapy
- Education and lectures on addiction-related topics
We combine holistic treatments, spirituality, medical care, psychological care, and safe medical detox into a whole-patient treatment plan for alcohol rehab. Oakland residents will enjoy the structured daily living in rehab that reinforces good habits and healthy living, along with helpful educational classes, physical fitness, relapse prevention skills, and fun activities that round out the program, giving you the best possible chance of overcoming alcohol addiction for good.
If you are ready to take the first step toward your full recovery, please contact us today. We can help you. Call (800) 426-1818 to speak with a professional who can get you started.