Heroin Rehab Los Angeles
Heroin Addiction Trends
Heroin addiction has become a growing concern for Americans across the nation. While the popularity of this illicit substance among drug abusers has been a consistent concern for years, the number of opioid-related overdoses continues to rise due to the fentanyl epidemic. Drug-related overdose deaths are connected to fentanyl overdose with 82.3% of overdoses being caused by fentanyl exposure. The COVID-19 pandemic had a significant impact on the world and for those individuals that were already engaged in substance abuse or didn’t have healthy coping strategies, substance abuse became a way of self-medicating to be able to cope with the unprecedented times.
During 2020, there was a rise in people abusing drugs with the number of people abusing heroin growing 4 times the amount that the United States saw in 2010. Throughout 2020, there was an increase in substance abusers engaging in polysubstance abuse where people were mixing heroin with other substances to reach the desired effects of impairment. The use of multiple substances increases the risks of severe side effects and impacts including overdoses which has contributed to the increase in opioid-related deaths. Although opioid-related deaths have continued to rise, the number of people using only heroin has decreased. Fentanyl has become the leading choice for opioid users with many heroin abusers shifting their substance abuse to fentanyl instead due to the high demand and easy accessibility of this substance.
Who Needs Heroin Rehab?
Heroin addiction is known to significantly impact a person’s physical, mental, and emotional health. The longer you engage in heroin abuse, the more your body and brain develop opioid dependence. Once opioid dependence has been established, it shifts your normal functioning abilities as your body and brain rely on substances to maintain normal daily functioning. When you attempt to quit your use of heroin and your body attempts to function without the presence of opioids. This process can result in side effects and symptoms known as withdrawal symptoms that result in the severity of unpleasant and, sometimes, painful symptoms. To safely move through this drug detox process, individuals need to have the ongoing support of licensed healthcare professionals and addiction therapists specializing in safe detox practices.
The first step in heroin addiction recovery is to relieve your body of the physical dependence on heroin within a medically supervised detox program. During heroin detox, a range of withdrawal symptoms will be felt that will span from mild to severe depending on your history of heroin abuse. The longer someone engages in heroin abuse or uses heroin at an increased rate, the more likely that withdrawal symptoms will be moderate to severe. A heroin detox program will offer patients the support of evidence-based therapy methods including medication-assisted treatment that will reduce the onset of drug cravings and minimize the severity of any presenting withdrawal symptoms. As you begin to move through your detox program and overcome withdrawal symptoms, you will be able to transition into a heroin rehab program.
Heroin rehab will allow patients to continue with medication-assisted treatment and other evidence-based therapy methods that will allow them to explore the underlying causes of their addictive behaviors. A heroin rehab program is ideal for individuals who have been struggling with substance abuse for a prolonged period and expressed desires to quit heroin but had failed attempts at doing so. Throughout heroin rehab, you will be provided with education and skill development that will enable you to maintain a life in addiction recovery and effectively overcome any triggers that may occur for you. Patients in inpatient rehab will be able to remove themselves from the environment that once fueled their addictive behaviors and reside within an environment that fosters healing, personal growth, and support in establishing a new foundation in life that maintains health, wellness, and sobriety.
Check out the top TV shows about addiction here:
5 Things to Look For in a Los Angeles Heroin Rehab
When choosing a heroin rehab, you want to find an addiction treatment center that will meet your specific levels of need and care that will enable you to safely and effectively heal from your heroin addiction. Your heroin addiction is unique to you and no same person has the same experiences with heroin abuse and addiction. That is why there cannot be a one size fits all approach to healing. Addiction treatment needs to be personalized to resonate with you and your healing journey. To find a Los Angeles heroin rehab program that is right for you and your recovery journey it is important to consider the following factors to make the right choice for your addiction treatment:
- Levels of care offered. Addiction treatment comes in many forms such as inpatient rehab or outpatient treatment options such as partial hospitalization programs or intensive outpatient programs. An inpatient rehab program will be ideal if you are looking for constant support and guidance to help you move through the initial phase of your recovery journey. Whereas, if you are looking for a flexible option for addiction treatment, an outpatient rehab program will provide you with a treatment plan that will work within your current commitments and responsibilities.
- Types of addiction therapy methods offered. Depending on your specific needs for healing such as treating trauma or managing a co-occurring disorder, you may want to ensure that your heroin rehab program incorporates specific therapy methods such as dual diagnosis treatment or trauma therapy. Patients may have preferences on therapy methods, such as behavioral therapy, 12-step addiction recovery programs, or holistic treatment options.
- Amenities are offered within the rehab program. Each treatment center will offer a variety of amenities that are unique to the facility. Each patient will have their own preferences on types of amenities that would be beneficial for your healing process and finding the right heroin rehab in Los Angeles that offers all of the comforts of home will allow you to remain safe and comfortable throughout your healing journey.
- Continuum of care provided. Patients will often want to know that they will have continued support throughout their recovery process including support after they complete their heroin rehab program. Having access to a continuum of caste means that you will have long-term support throughout rehab and aftercare programs that will ensure you have long-term success in addiction recovery.
- The cost of your heroin rehab program including if your insurance will cover your heroin rehab program. Finding a treatment center that accepts your insurance coverage will reduce any financial barriers to your success and enable you to begin your recovery process the moment you are ready to do so.
Find a Better Future Today at Muse for Heroin Rehab in Los Angeles
Are you ready to put your life of heroin abuse behind you? At Muse Treatment center in Los Angeles, our team provides each patient in our recovery center with a treatment plan that is specifically designed to meet your individual needs for healing and personal growth. We will walk alongside you as you overcome the physical dependence on heroin and support you in gaining the life skills and tools to maintain long-term addiction recovery with confidence and ease. Contact Muse Treatment Center at (800) 426-1818 today to hear more about the personalized treatment program that we offer our patients and discover how bright your future can be free of heroin abuse and immersed in sobriety.