Thousand Oaks Substance Abuse Treatment
How to Choose a Substance Abuse Treatment Center
Knowing what to look for in a Thousand Oaks substance abuse treatment program can be difficult if you or a loved one is looking into rehab. There are hundreds of California addiction rehab centers, each with pros and cons. So how do you choose the treatment center that is right for you?
One of the first things you will want to ensure is that the rehab center is accredited. This will ensure that the level of care you receive is beneficial in treating addiction, that you have high-quality care provided by professionals, and that the types of treatments offered are safe. When putting your physical health into the care of others, you want to ensure they are credentialed and experienced, so checking into their licensing before committing to a treatment program is also recommended.
A treatment plan should be customizable to suit your unique needs best. Every patient is different, and because there is no single cause for addiction, your program must address your substance use disorder from various angles in an integrated program that combines psychiatric care and therapy with life skills programs and relapse prevention strategies. This will give you the best possible chance at maintaining long-term sobriety.
What Kinds of Treatment Should a Rehab Offer?
Different types of drug rehabilitation programs in Thousand Oaks may or may not be offered, depending on your chosen treatment center. It is the case that some “wellness centers” throughout the country are not actually accredited and may act as more of a spa for relaxation than actually helping a person to overcome addiction.
To truly be able to heal the underlying causes of addiction, along with the spiritual, social, psychological, and physical health issues that come with substance abuse, you will want to find a treatment program that offers evidence-based (scientific) therapies and treatment like:
- Cognitive behavioral therapy
- Dialectical behavior therapy
- Family therapy
- Group therapy
- Support groups
- Life skills training
- Inpatient and outpatient programs
- Relapse prevention
- Addiction education
- Introduction to local peer support groups
When you first enter a good quality rehab center, they will ask you questions regarding your drug and alcohol use and its severity, they will assess your mental health, and other questions regarding your lifestyle and home. Understanding the context of your life, including significant relationships, is crucial. This will help create a program that may include:
- Dual diagnosis to treat co-occurring mental health conditions
- Medication-assisted treatment plans for those quitting drugs like heroin or oxycodone
- Medical detox for anybody who may need help enduring withdrawal symptoms in the form of medical care, prescription medications, and holistic health care during the first few weeks of rehab
- Short- or long-term inpatient rehab, in which you will live inside the rehab center full time, 24 hours a day for 30 to 90 days
- Outpatient rehab programs allow you to continue living outside the rehab center, coming in anywhere from 9 to 35 hours per week for therapy, medical care, groups, and other treatments
Learn more about couples rehab in Thousand Oaks here:
8 Benefits of Choosing Inpatient Substance Abuse Treatment
Some of the many benefits of choosing inpatient Thousand Oaks substance abuse treatment include:
- Getting away from the everyday stresses of life could trigger a relapse. This allows you to relax and focus on moving forward in treatment, spending your time and energy on your healing
- Staying in a completely sober and supportive environment that is outside of your norm can provide a new perspective on life
- Being surrounded by peers who are going through the same type of process you are and who “get it” helps you build a sober community around yourself
- 24-hour care and oversight from doctors, counselors, psychologists, and other professionals, ensuring you stay safe during this mentally vulnerable and physically taxing time
- Having a stable place to live as you recover is a benefit to those who may not always know where they are going to sleep or whether the people they are surrounded by will be sober-supportive
- Living a healthy and structured life that helps you to create new routines, incorporate exercise into your life, eat healthy food, and get a good night’s sleep at the end of the day
- Having full days of therapy and other treatments will help you change the way you think and behave while helping you deal with the past and get ready for a brighter future
- Inpatient rehab programs have a higher rate of detox success, as you are removed from the source and have strong support immediately available when you need it most
Do Rehabs Accept Insurance?
Yes, there are many rehab facilities that accept health insurance. Depending on your type of insurance, insurance may partially or completely cover your treatment. Most people will have partial coverage, with some out-of-pocket payments including a deductible amount. If you are unsure whether your insurance plan covers the types of treatment you need, you can always call the Muse Thousand Oaks substance abuse treatment center. All of our staff is helpful and non-judgmental and will work with you to figure out what your best course of action will be when it comes to getting addiction treatment. They will be happy to answer any questions you have.
Other Factors to Consider When Picking a Drug or Alcohol Rehab
Other determinations you may want to look at when you choose your rehab program include the following:
- Whether inpatient or outpatient rehab will work better for you, or if a combination beginning with inpatient and leading into outpatient is best
- The level of luxury you want vs. the out-of-pocket costs you are willing to pay for
- Finding a rehab center that does not promise a cure, as addiction is a lifelong condition that can be managed but will never go away fully
- The location of the treatment center and whether you want to remain close to family or get out of town for a little while
- The level of involvement you want your family to have. Most of the time, it is recommended to participate in family therapy, but that may not be the right choice for every patient
Call Muse Today for Thousand Oaks Substance Abuse Treatment
If you are ready to begin treatment, or if you have further questions about the process that you would like answered, please call Muse Treatment today at (800) 426-1818. We are here to help treat drug addiction, alcohol use disorder, mental health disorders, and prescription medication addiction.
We offer each of our patients a customized, comprehensive treatment plan that can incorporate levels of care like medical detox, residential inpatient rehab, partial hospitalization programs, intensive outpatient programs, and long-term aftercare. Using state-of-the-art techniques, we will be able to assess your needs and work with you to create a safe and effective plan for you that will get you back on track and help you take control of your life again as you regain your sense of well-being. Our holistic treatment plans incorporate evidence-based therapies with spiritual healing, mental wellness, exercise and nutrition, education, behavioral health programs, practical life skills, and relapse prevention programs.
With our help, addiction will be a thing of the past.