What Should I Bring to Drug Rehab in Los Angeles
Getting Ready for Drug Rehab
You have made the brave choice to seek out support for your drug addiction. After making this courageous decision, there are often many questions or concerns about how to anticipate what comes next in your recovery journey and how to prepare for your drug rehab. You want your recovery process to be smooth and meaningful and want to know what you should bring to drug rehab in Los Angeles. Knowing what to bring to drug rehab is important and at Muse Treatment centers we want to ensure our patients feel confident in knowing what will help to make their time within our recovery center successful.
Before coming to drug rehab, there are steps that you can take to help prepare yourself for this life-changing journey. Your healing process will be unique to you and centered around your specific needs for healing from your past of substance abuse and your individual goals for the future in addiction recovery. That is why it is important to take the time to look into the types of treatment that you wish to receive while undergoing drug rehab. There are varying types of addiction therapies available that will support patients in healing from the underlying causes of addiction while gaining the tools for relapse prevention that will ensure long-lasting success in addiction recovery. It is also important to know the levels of care offered to ensure that you are provided with the individual treatment you require to engage in addiction treatment and overcome your addiction.
Once you have established the levels of support and care that you need from your drug rehab program, the next step before beginning rehab is ensuring your prior commitments and responsibilities are taken care of. If you have children or pets at home, you will need to reach out to family or friends to ask for support in making sure your loved ones are given the care they need while you receive the treatment you seek. After you know your loved ones will be taken care of, it is important that you tie up any loose ends financially, Ensure your bills are set to automatic payments or have someone who can take over your bill payments to make sure that you don’t get behind on payments and avoid any unnecessary stress. Lastly, speak with your employer and take time off from work through a medical leave to ensure you have job security once you return. Completing the steps to prepare yourself for drug rehab will allow you to become open and willing to participate in your treatment program without worrying about responsibilities back home.
18 Things to Bring to Drug Rehab in Los Angeles
As you enter your drug rehab program, you will want to know what to pack with you for your time in our recovery center. Personal and hygiene items are essential for you to bring that will make your time in drug rehab enjoyable and comfortable. Before beginning your drug rehab program, many treatment centers will check your bags before entering into treatment to ensure that any items brought in follow the guidelines and protocols for patients that will ensure that there are no items brought in that can trigger or hinder patients’ progress in recovery.
Before packing for drug rehab, here are items that you should bring to drug rehab in Los Angeles:
- Bring any necessary medications that you are on. These medications must remain within the prescribed bottle or package with the labeled prescriptions from your physician.
- Clothing (typically a week’s worth of clothing)
- Flip flops
- Running shoes
- Toiletries such as toothbrushes, toothpaste, deodorant, shampoo, and body soap
- Books or reading materials
- Hair dryer or hair care products
- Contact information for loved ones or other supports so that you can contact who you need for support throughout your rehab program
- Calling cards to contact your loved ones
- Supplies for laundry
- Alarm clock
- Credit card or other forms of payment for items such as medications
- Insurance information
- Valid identification
- Envelopes and stamps to write letters to your loved ones
See how many addicts stay clean after addiction treatment here:
12 Things to Not Bring to Drug Rehab
It is important that patients in drug rehab can undergo treatment within a safe, supportive environment that is free of any triggers or temptations. That is why there are some items that patients cannot bring with them to treatment that will avoid hindering success for any patients or distracting patients from participating in addiction treatment. Items that patients should not bring to drug rehab include:
- Excessive amounts of money, clothing, or jewelry
- Illicit drugs or prescription drugs that are not prescribed to you by a physician
- Books that glorify substance abuse or could negatively impact your progress in recovery
- Scissors or any other sharp objects
- Shoes with laces
- Smartphones or tablets are often prohibited or regulated as they can negatively impact a person’s recovery
What to Look For in a Drug Rehab
When choosing a drug rehab program, you want to find a treatment center that shares your values and goals for the future in recovery. The following are things to consider when choosing your drug rehab program;
- Treatment offered centered around each patient: Each patient will have their own experiences with drug addiction and require a personalized healing approach. A drug rehab program should offer a customizable treatment plan that is centered around your needs and goals for addiction recovery to ensure long-lasting success in addiction recovery.
- Levels of care offered: Drug rehab programs that offer a full continuum of care including detox, drug rehab, and aftercare planning will ensure that you are provided with the ongoing support you need to successfully overcome drug addiction and be in long-term recovery,
- Types of addiction therapy offered: Each patient will resonate with different forms of addiction therapy. Having a comprehensive treatment approach will ensure that each patient receives the appropriate addiction treatment that best suits their emotional and intellectual needs.
- Services and amenities offered: As you heal from addiction, you want to be comfortable and safe throughout your journey while having all of your needs met. Each treatment center offers a variety of holistic services, alternative treatments, and amenities that will focus on offering a comfortable, smooth healing process.
- Relapse prevention and life skills development: Drug rehab aims to set patients up for success in sobriety by enabling patients to learn a new way of life that fosters recovery. Patients who can learn tools for relapse prevention and life skills will ensure that they can overcome any potential triggers and remain true to their sobriety goals.
Get Help at the Best Drug Rehab in Los Angeles by Calling Muse Today
Los Angeles residents choose Muse Treatment Center to engage in drug rehab for the personalized healing approach given to our patients. Our team believes in your ability to overcome addiction and will provide you with a meaningful, effective treatment plan to support you in achieving your overarching goals of sobriety, health, and wellness. Contact us at (800) 426-1818 today to take the first step towards your new life in addiction recovery by beginning your drug rehab program today.