Unable to call? Fill out the form below and a specialist will contact you as soon as possible!
Sober Living in Mar Vista: Choose Muse
Moving into a sober living home in Mar Vista after detox and rehab can be an important step on the road to recovery. This is especially true for those who do not feel they have a stable home environment to return to. Without a structured and supportive home environment, the risk of relapse is heightened, even for highly motivated people.
Muse Treatment can offer referrals to sober homes in your area, so you can return to your work, family responsibilities, or school, but remain in care, with strong structure and accountability. In a sober home, residents will often have to actively participate in recovery programs and drug testing, and abide by house rules like curfews, housework, on-time fee payments, and certain visitor restrictions.
A sober living home will give you the chance to reinforce the lessons and strategies learned in rehab and develop healthy coping strategies in real-world situations while surrounded by supportive people. Living with a sober support system will help you feel less isolated and increase your chances of staying sober.
Everybody has a different way to be in recovery, it is an individual process. At Muse, we will help guide you to a sober living home that fits your unique requirements. For someone who has a history of relapse, there are high-accountability homes that are strict, with a schedule and activities facilitated by staff in a highly structured environment. Some homes have 24-hour medical care, psychiatric nurses, and licensed clinical social workers. Traditional sober living homes are a combination of living your everyday life, but with the high expectations, peer support, and structure of a sober community.
Benefits of Sober Living with Muse
While staying in a sober living home, you have the recommended option of using Muse’s outpatient treatments and connecting with our alumni community. Outpatient treatments are ideal for anyone who wants additional support, counselling, and guidance from our experienced and caring staff.
You can choose from:
- Partial Hospitalization Program (PHP) – With PHP, you can use the recovery skills learned in residential rehab, with a focus on personal responsibility and coping skills, while continuing to receive strong support, guidance, and therapy from our expert staff.
- Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP) – This is a step down from PHP. In IOP, you retain the flexibility and freedom to have a normal daily routine like attending work or school, while continuing your sobriety work with both individual and group therapy. You will navigate real-world challenges and temptations, while connected with a sober community who is there to support you.
- Virtual Intensive Outpatient (VIOP) – Available at some Muse locations, VIOP is the online version of IOP. This is a good option for those who do not live near a Muse facility but want access to counselling and meetings online.
- Alumni Program – Muse has a large community of voluntary alumni, with activities like reunions and group outings, to create opportunities to forge positive and sober friendships, mentorship, and a lasting support system without the use of drugs or alcohol.
Why Choose Muse for Sober Living in Mar Vista
Muse Treatment is the best choice for sober living in Mar Vista, California, because along with references to sober living homes in your area, we have a variety of trauma-informed outpatient programs that can work with our client’s unique lives, budgets, and situations.
There are many benefits to our outpatient drug rehab programs, such as the freedom to return to responsibilities like work or family, while still receiving continued support through meetings and therapy. You will have access to a sober community and find new friends and sober activities to do. Outpatient rehab will give you the opportunity to apply new coping mechanisms to real-life scenarios, with structure and support that is tailored to your individual needs.
Recovery is different for everybody, and patients at Muse Treatment are encouraged to stay in aftercare for as long as they need. With our outpatient programs, our sober living affiliate homes, and our alumni program, there is always support available wherever you are in your recovery.
Women’s Sober Living in Mar Vista
Every person’s experiences are unique, but the truth is that as a group, women face specific, gender-based issues that men do not. There may be a history of trauma or abuse, or issues like child care that need to be addressed.
Some benefits of staying in a women’s sober living home include:
- Living in an environment that promotes female empowerment, and builds the skills and tools needed to live independently
- Your needs will not be silenced, ignored, or deemed a “woman’s problem”
- The environment will avoid stereotyping and sexual harassment
- Feeling freer to express emotion, and gaining a deeper level of communication with other women
- The ability to relate to one another about issues and life
- Gender-specific stigmas associated with women and addiction can be addressed
- Some women will feel safer without men in the home
Men’s Sober Living in Mar Vista
There are specific issues men face during recovery that can better be addressed in a men’s only sober home. Some benefits of staying in a men’s only sober home include:
- Fewer distractions, so you can focus on staying sober and building your recovery skills
- Dealing with relationships positively, and discussing emotional issues and trauma from a male perspective
- Building a network of peers, and forming sober friendships without the need for drugs or alcohol
- Addiction issues in men can include topics they may not feel comfortable discussing in front of women, like sexuality, mental health, physical health, and violence or crime.
- Men can work together to combat stigma and perceptions of weakness and “unmanliness” around losing control of their lives due to drugs or alcohol
- In the early days of recovery, men are particularly prone to violent outbursts, and compulsive or competitive behavior, so it may be safer for other populations to be separated
Addiction can affect a person of any gender, social or economic class, age, or background. Whichever type of housing you decide is right for you, you will be supported and find a like-minded sober community through Muse Treatment’s outpatient and aftercare programs. We will be there with you for as long as you need.