Choosing the Best Alcohol and Drug Rehab: Six Things to Look For
Finding the Right Addiction Treatment Center for You
Seeking treatment for substance use can be intimidating and confusing. With thousands of treatment centers and countless amounts of therapies at your disposal, it can be daunting to choose the best rehab for your specific needs. Luckily, conducting extensive research can make the process easier for individuals.
With individual life experiences playing a pivotal role in the struggle with addiction, you can rely on these personal factors when selecting your treatment center. Effective addiction treatment does not feature a one-size-fits-all approach. What works for one person may be entirely ineffective for another, so make sure your individual needs are met before enrolling in any treatment plan. To make the process easier, we’ve narrowed down the most important factors to consider when looking for a drug or alcohol rehab center.
Determine Your Needs and Goals for Rehab
Understanding what specific goals you have for treatment remains crucial in deciding which drug rehab facility can best meet your requirements. You may have a dual diagnosis or medical condition that needs to be addressed. Or you could have a specific timeline in mind. You could also have financial or transportation restraints that require additional resources. Considering these factors will provide you a good starting place in your quest for the best rehab center.
Do Your Research
Think of going to treatment as an investment in yourself and your future. Having a life worth living entails something we are all deserving of, and quality treatment involves one way of achieving that. With choosing the ideal treatment center so critical in your recovery, doing sufficient research will help you avoid attending a facility incapable of adequately supporting your needs.
Most rehab centers have treatment specialists available by phone or chat, and contacting them with a list of questions is a great way to get specific information. These specialists know the details of treatment and may even inform you of aspects you had not thought of yet.
Contact Multiple Addiction Treatment Centers
With such a big decision at hand, it is essential to receive information from various sources so you can make an informed decision. Typically, treatment centers have a wealth of information available on their website. The facility should be eager and open when answering your questions; after all, they are there to help.
What to Look for in the Best Alcohol and Drug Rehab for You
In addition to your individual treatment requirements for recovery, you should also include prerequisites for the centers you’re considering. When looking for the best rehab center, make sure you factor in these considerations:
- Program accreditation – Independent bodies such as The Joint Commission have strict criteria to become accredited. If a facility is adequately accredited, you can know it is a quality institution.
- Inpatient vs. Outpatient – Inpatient treatment involves staying at the center while you receive treatment, whereas outpatient allows you to go home at the end of the program each day. Outpatient is typically less expensive and disruptive to your daily life but can have a lower success rate. Having both options ensures you can continue your care without significant disruptions.
- Specialties – Each facility generally has different addictions it specializes in. For instance, one center may focus on opioid addiction, while another only deals with alcohol abuse. Finding a center specializing in your specific needs will increase your chances of success.
- Treatment and Therapies – Once you decide what your goals for treatment are, you will have a better idea of the kind of therapies you need. If you experienced significant trauma in your life, this has likely fueled your addiction, and it needs to be processed to have the most success in recovery. Perhaps you have a close-knit family that would like to be heavily involved in your treatment, so finding a place with family therapy may be necessary.
- Amenities – Many facilities have accommodations that cater to clientele looking for luxury and privacy, while others are more basic. If comfort is at the top of your wish list when considering a rehab facility, you need to ensure its amenities meet your needs.
- Reviews – As with any large investment, checking reviews from credible sources should be a priority when deciding where to go. Try to hear what those who have been through the program have said about it. You can also rely on organizations such as the Better Business Bureau to get a better idea of what your experience there will entail.
Struggling with addiction is not something you have to endure alone. The caring professionals at Muse Treatment can aid your recovery journey with their customized and holistic approach to sobriety. Contact us today to start your road to sobriety with the best rehab facility for your needs.