Detox Facilities in Mission Viejo
A Healthy Lifestyle Can Help During Drug and Alcohol Detox
Detox is an opportunity to revive and restore your body and mind from the influences of drugs or alcohol. The impacts of a substance use disorder can influence your overall health and well-being– physically, emotionally, mentally, and spiritually. In order to effectively treat a substance use disorder, there are medical treatments and holistic methods of treatment that should be provided to assist in restoring your body from the impacts of addiction. While you’re attending a program offering detox facilities near Mission Viejo, you’ll be offered a comprehensive treatment schedule and plan that encompasses a variety of evidence-based therapy approaches, medical treatments, and holistic healing methods.
The key to a healthy addiction detox program and long-term recovery is incorporating healthy lifestyle habits into your everyday routine. While you’re residing in a detox program, you’ll be supported in developing habits that help your body heal while reducing the severity of any presenting withdrawal symptoms. Detox patients are invited to participate in regular physical exercise and movement, healthy eating with proper nutrition that works to replenish any nutritional deficiencies, and establish healthy sleeping habits that allow their body and mind to rest and rejuvenate. The tools for healthy living that you learn in detox are easily transferred into your day-to-day life after completing treatment which promotes optimal health, wellness, and long-term sobriety.
How Does Detox Work at a Treatment Center?
Drug and alcohol detox near Mission Viejo is the first initial stage of your recovery process. Before you begin exploring the underlying causes of your addictive behaviors, you first need to alleviate your body from any physical dependencies that have been developed to drugs or alcohol. A detox program is designed to help you safely end your use of drugs and alcohol in a safe, supportive environment with medical and therapeutic staff available day and night to support you every step of your recovery process.
A detox program within a treatment center offers patients ongoing medical supervision and guidance as they maneuver through any presenting withdrawal symptoms and work towards restoring health and well-being. As you experience any withdrawal symptoms, you’ll be offered medical treatments including medication-assisted treatment (MAT) along with holistic treatments that aid in reducing the onset of symptoms while maintaining your safety and comfort throughout detox. Once you’ve overcome your withdrawal symptoms and feel healthier and stable, you’ll be ready to begin the next phase of your recovery process in drug or alcohol treatment programs.
How Long Does Detox Take?
Detox is a personal journey for each person. Depending on the substance you choose to engage in, your body will experience various withdrawal symptoms that will range in severity. The time that you’ll be in detox will last until you can overcome your withdrawal symptoms and are no longer experiencing a physical dependence on drugs or alcohol.
For most people, detox will last for a period of 7 to 10 days. Patients in detox will often experience the onset of withdrawal symptoms within 24 hours after they last drank alcohol or used substances. As you progress through detox, patients often feel the peak of severe withdrawal symptoms within 3 to 5 days. During this time, you’ll be monitored closely to ensure that you remain comfortable and safe while being offered effective methods of treatment to reduce the severity of your withdrawal symptoms. Typically by days 7 to 10, patients begin to regain their strength and feel stabilized from the physical impacts of substance use.
Find answers to other questions about drug detox here:
6 Ways a Healthy Lifestyle Can Help During Alcohol or Drug Detox
Detoxing from drugs and alcohol requires a whole-body integrated approach to healing to provide long-lasting effects and maintain long-term recovery. Incorporating a healthy lifestyle into your detox program benefits your healing journey and increases your success in addiction recovery.
- Hydrating your body: A major concern during detox is dehydration. During active substance use, you may experience dehydration which can intensify the withdrawal symptoms that you experience. To rehydrate your body, you’ll be encouraged to drink water to replenish and revitalize your body’s overall functioning.
- Improve physical health: During detox, you’ll be encouraged to engage in physical activity and exercise to begin to engage your muscles and physical stamina. The more you heal from the impacts of substance use, the more your body will regain its strength and physical capacity.
- Replenishing your body of essential vitamins and nutrients: While you’re using substances, it’s common for individuals to have a lack of proper nutrition leading to vitamin and mineral deficiencies that are essential for healthy body and mind functioning. During detox, you’ll be encouraged to eat a balanced diet with vegetables, fruits, and proteins that replenish your body from deficiencies. You’ll notice increased energy, focus, and motivation as you restore your body with vitamins and minerals.
- Improved sleep quality: A proper diet, hydration, and physical exercise are essential for your body’s functioning. When you engage in a balanced, healthy lifestyle, you’ll find that you can maintain a regular, restful sleep pattern.
- Healthy mental health functioning: A balanced lifestyle of a healthy diet, physical exercise, and proper sleep significantly impact a person’s mental health. A healthy lifestyle promotes clarity of thought, emotional regulation, and processing triggers to maintain sobriety.
- Develop coping tools for maintaining long-term recovery: A healthy lifestyle encourages you to establish new hobbies and interests. These hobbies can be used as healthy coping mechanisms when you’re feeling triggered or assist you in finding new methods of enjoyment while you’re living in sobriety.
Other Ways to Help the Detox Process at a Treatment Center
A detox program within a treatment center offers medical and holistic forms of treatment that assist in a smooth, safe detoxification process. There are added benefits to detoxing within a recovery center that enhance your success in completing detox. One aspect that patients find helpful in the recovery process of detox is the peer support that comes with our patients residing in the recovery center. Patients connect with each other and can relate to their shared similar experiences with substance use, detox, and recovery.
The ongoing therapeutic support from licensed addiction counselors is essential for patients undergoing addiction treatment. As you release the harmful toxins of drugs and alcohol from your body, it’s common to have a range of emotions come up for you as you process this next phase in your recovery process. Counselors are available to support you in processing your emotions and allow you to stay focused on your overarching goal of attaining long-term addiction recovery.
Muse Is a Safe, Comfortable Choice for Detox Facilities in Mission Viejo
At Muse Treatment Center, we believe that you should have the support you deserve as you go through your detox and recovery program. Our team will be with you every step of the way as you enter into the next chapter in your life of healing, personal growth, and addiction recovery. Patients receive high levels of care that monitor their physical, emotional, mental, and spiritual health throughout their detox program. Our comprehensive treatment plans are centered on a holistic approach that heals your body, mind, and spirit from your past addictive behaviors and empowers you to solidify a new way of life in recovery, health, and wellness. If you’ve been considering detox for you or a loved one, call Muse today (800) 426-1818 to have any questions answered about detox, and begin the road to recovery now.