Drug Rehab Lawton Oklahoma
Drug Rehab for Oklahoma Residents
Substance abuse is a complex issue not just about lack of control or “partying too much.” Addiction involves both physical dependence and addictive behaviors that usually manifest due to underlying problems that require therapy, counseling, and dual diagnosis treatments for co-occurring mental health issues. Every person who develops an addiction is unique. With a holistic, comprehensive approach to detox and rehab, every person who develops an addiction will have the best chance of dealing with the causes of their addiction while building healthier habits and gaining new coping mechanisms for stress and anxiety. For drug rehab in Lawton, Oklahoma, residents can receive this multifaceted approach to drug rehab at the Muse Treatment Center.
Preparing for Drug Rehab Treatment
Before researching and being admitted into drug rehab in Lawton, Oklahoma, you must take a few steps, including:
- Work out the time off with your workplace, school, and other responsibilities. You may need to ask for an extension on projects, complete the paperwork that your workplace requires, or defer your education for a semester.
- Childcare and pet care are significant stress for some people entering rehab. Your family and friends are there for you and can take good care of your dependents for a few weeks while you are away. You are not abandoning them; you are getting healthy so you can be there for them.
- Ensure you have your finances in order by setting up automatic bill payments or designating a trusted loved one to take care of your bills while you are away from home
- Ensure your legal issues are in order, including letting the courts know you are in a rehab program and receiving confirmation that they know where you are
- Only pack what you need. Each rehab center is different and will give you a list of essentials to bring along with you. Do not try to bring anything that is not allowed.
- Trust in the process. You are doing what is best for you and the loved ones in your life. Even though there may be stresses involved in getting ready to leave, it will all be worth it in the end. You will come back soon, and you will be in a much better place.
The Process of Entering Drug Rehab
When you first enter drug rehab in Lawton, Oklahoma, an initial assessment is done to find out all about your history of drug use, your current physical and mental health, your level of addiction, and to learn more about you as a person. This process is done so our addictions specialists can put you into the right program with the right level of care that best suits your needs and preferences.
Secrecy and having guards up are typical for those who have drug addictions, usually due to the illegal nature of drug purchasing and possession and societal shame placed on people who use drugs. It is essential to be truthful and honest during your intake interview, as the more information they can learn from you right away, the quicker you can get into the right kind of treatment for you. Staff at any drug rehab has “heard it all” and will be nonjudgmental. They are there to help you, not make you feel ashamed or under attack.
Drug Rehab Treatment Options
There are many treatment options available for drug rehab in Lawton, Oklahoma. As a patient at Muse Treatment, you can take advantage of some of these options, depending on your need and level of comfort. These include:
Detox is an important process that most people need to go through before participating in an entire rehab program. This is the process your body goes through when it gets rid of the toxins and drugs from your body. Your brain will need to recalibrate itself, adjusting chemical balances, which causes various unpleasant and sometimes dangerous withdrawal symptoms.
The thought of detoxing may be frightening or daunting because of the fear of feeling pain and other withdrawal symptoms, but there is nothing to be afraid of if you enter a medical detox program. In medical detox, you will move into a rehab facility, staying there 24 hours a day under the care of medical and addictions professionals.
Inpatient rehab is the most significant part of treating drug addiction. There are always underlying reasons why a person becomes addicted to using drugs, including mental health issues and trauma. Through treatments like group and individual therapy sessions, medications, family therapy, dual diagnosis, and life skills training, patients can dig deep to get to the causes of addiction that lie beneath the surface.
Outpatient rehab is used in two main scenarios:
- The patient is exiting an inpatient program and is transitioning back to live in a safe and measured way with full, continued support and treatment
- The patient has a mild addiction issue and is unable to enter an inpatient program due to life responsibilities that they cannot leave behind for a full 30+ days, like family care or work
The different levels of outpatient care include:
Partial Hospitalization Program (PHP)
A PHP is usually a short-term program between full inpatient care and an outpatient program, and it is often used as a transitional phase for those exiting inpatient treatment. You will live at home or in a sober residence and then commute in to attend full days of treatment and services.
Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP)
An IOP is usually recommended to those who have completed inpatient rehab or have spent time in a PHP. You will live outside the facility (at home or in a sober living home) and commute in for therapy, counseling, groups, medical appointments, and other treatment. The schedule of an IOP is much more customizable than a PHP, so you can return to full or part-time work, school, or resume taking care of family members while still receiving an entire drug rehab program.
Outpatient Program (OP)
An OP is an ongoing treatment program where you live at home and commute to a rehab center for treatment at a frequency and intensity that depends on your particular needs. Outpatient programs are not suitable for everybody. You may be a candidate for outpatient rehab if you:
- Are no longer experiencing physical drug withdrawal symptoms and are fully detoxed from drugs
- Your drug use was mild and short in duration
- Your physical health conditions are under control
- You do not have a co-occurring mental health condition
- You do not live alone and have a strong support system in your life (family and friends)
- You are strongly motivated in your recovery
- You have a stable, safe place to live that is sober-friendly
- You do not have a history of relapsing
How Long Does Drug Rehab Last?
Everybody’s needs are unique when it comes to rehabilitation. Generally speaking, detox can take one to two weeks, and an inpatient rehab program is 21 to 90 days. Outpatient rehab can be customized to each patient more easily, with some outpatient programs lasting weeks and others spanning months.
An aftercare program is an integral part of any addiction recovery plan. Recovery is a lifelong process, and you will not be instantly “cured” after completing your rehab program. Over time, you may think to yourself, “what’s the harm in one night of drug use?” The addict brain is tricky, and on top of the risk of overdose that comes with taking a large dose after not having used the drugs for a long period, you run the genuine threat of falling back into old patterns. At Muse Treatment, we have aftercare programs that will help you remain connected to a sober community, with full support from both professionals and your peers as you transition back into your everyday life as a drug-free person. Attending NA meetings is another way to receive support after leaving drug rehab.
Does Insurance Cover Drug Rehab?
Yes, insurance covers drug rehab. Some insurance companies will cover the entire treatment, while others have specific medications and treatments they will not cover. For this reason, it is vital to have a conversation with your provider before entering rehab, so there are no surprises.
Drug Rehab at Muse Treatment Center
At Muse Treatment’s drug rehab for Lawton, Oklahoma residents, we offer a medical detox program, as well as inpatient and outpatient rehab programs tailored to best suit your unique needs, including your budget and your mental and physical health needs. We can help you fit rehab into your life in a way that will help you move into recovery at your speed. Contact us at (800) 426-1818 today for drug rehab Lawton, Oklahoma residents can count on. From detox to rehabilitation, we are here to help you, no matter where you are in your recovery journey.
— Muse Treatment (@MuseTreatmentLA) January 13, 2022