Drug Addiction Rehab West Hollywood
The Toll of Drug Addiction
Substance abuse of any kind can take a heavy toll on anybody. Even if you have not been using drugs for a long time, you may have noticed yourself feeling more anxious, or maybe you’ve noticed health issues are starting to crop up. Maybe your friends have started to distance themselves from you, or you have begun to cut out social get-togethers or missed work because of drug use. Everybody has their own unique reasons for considering drug addiction rehab in West Hollywood. West Hollywood residents may wish to consider Muse Addiction Treatment Center for treatment because of our safe and welcoming environment and our non-judgmental, caring staff. We know that you are not “an addict.” You are a person who deserves respect, and we will do all we can to ensure you are listened to, treated with dignity, and kept safe as you begin the work to overcome drug addiction long-term.
How to Find Drug Addiction Rehab in West Hollywood
When searching for drug addiction rehab, West Hollywood residents do not need to look far. California has many addiction treatment centers to choose from. It might be difficult to figure out where to start, so here are a few tips:
- Look for a West Hollywood rehab center that offers medical detoxification. This program provides effective treatments from licensed doctors and nurses that will keep you safe as your body goes through the withdrawal process. You may be prescribed short-term medications to reduce anxiety, pain, and restlessness. You may also be placed in a medication-assisted treatment (MAT) program to help with serious issues like cravings and distress as you begin to recover.
- Find a rehab that offers the full continuum of care. Detox is only the first step to a full recovery. You may require a stay in inpatient rehab after detoxing, and you may also need further outpatient care to help with the transition back into your everyday activities like work or school. Rehab provides the shift in outlook, the relapse prevention tools, and the healing needed to move forward in life without drugs or alcohol.
- Ensure your West Hollywood addiction treatment center is accredited and the care providers use evidence-based treatment. Unfortunately, many wellness centers use the word “detox” but are not licensed to treat substance use disorders. Your safety and your long-term prognosis need to enter an effective treatment plan run by medical and mental health professionals.
Therapies to Expect at a Drug Addiction Rehab
Therapy is the biggest part of any recovery program, but did you know there are a variety of therapies provided during rehabilitation? Some of the most common therapies you can expect when you go to drug addiction rehab in West Hollywood include:
- Cognitive behavioral therapy teaches the connection between thoughts, behaviors, and actions, helping patients learn to redirect troublesome thoughts in a healthier direction
- Dialectical behavioral therapy teaches acceptance and understanding of difficult feelings
- Group therapy, which may take the form of educational programs, discussions, or process groups
- Psychotherapy or one-on-one therapy with a counselor or psychologist
- Medication-assisted treatment (MAT), with prescription medications provided under a doctor’s watch to reduce withdrawal symptoms and cravings, with a slow weaning-off process that takes weeks or months
- Relapse-prevention programs teach patients to recognize the signs of relapse and provide a solid plan for what to do when difficult situations or triggers arise
Other Treatments Available at West Hollywood Drug Addiction Rehabs
Along with the typical evidence-based treatments, rehab centers will often offer secondary, complementary treatments, therapies, and specialized treatments for those with specific needs. These may include:
- 12-step integration, like attending a Narcotics Anonymous group out in the community
- EMDR therapy for the treatment of post-traumatic stress disorder
- Music therapy reduces stress, improves mood, and provides ways to express oneself
- Art therapy provides an outlet for expression and a way to resolve emotions through art
- Experiential therapy gives patients expressive tools to recreate and reenact situations from their past and reframe the emotions surrounding them
- Holistic therapies like acupuncture, massage, or meditation enhance the mind-body connection and provide natural healing alongside evidence-based treatments
How Long Is Rehab for Drug Addiction?
Rehab is a personal process; everybody goes through it at their own pace. Many intermingling factors will determine how long you stay in rehab, like which substance(s) you were using and for how long, whether you were a casual user or using them several times a day, and how your general health is when you enter your rehab program.
The timeline can also be affected by your mental health. If you have a co-occurring mental health disorder like anxiety, depression, PTSD, bipolar disorder, a mood disorder, or another mental illness, it may take longer for treatments to take effect. You will require a dual diagnosis program that treats the mental illness with the substance use disorder together to be able to take control back over your life and manage both issues in a healthy way.
Your stay in rehab can also be affected by your preferences and your confidence level. If you originally plan to stay in inpatient rehab for 30 days, for example, and on day 29 know that you do not feel ready to move back home or into a sober living facility, you may extend your residential rehab for longer. In general terms, for drug addiction rehab West Hollywood residents can expect to stay in:
- Detox for 1-2 weeks
- Inpatient rehab for 30 – 90 days
- Partial hospitalization program for 10-20 days (full days of treatment, 7 days a week)
- Intensive outpatient program for 30 – 90 days (3 hours/day of treatment, 3-5 days a week)
- Outpatient aftercare for a lifetime if you wish
Is Drug Addiction Rehab Covered by Insurance?
Yes, drug addiction rehab is considered part of essential health care by health insurance companies, and if the treatment center you choose is in-network with your insurance company, some or even all of your treatment will be paid for by insurance.
Each insurance plan is unique, with its own stipulations around which treatments are deemed necessary, which medications are covered, and the length of time spent in rehab that is covered, so it is always a good idea to check with your insurance company before deciding where to go. You may also need to see if a deductible payment needs to be reached before insurance kicks in or if you have copays.
Understanding the ins and outs of insurance can be complex, so at Muse Addiction Treatment Center, we offer help with verifying your insurance coverage. This will help you make a fully informed decision about where to go for help without any financial surprises in the future.
Drug Addiction Rehab West Hollywood: Muse Is a Proud Provider
Muse offers an individualized approach to drug addiction, meaning we get to know you and determine your needs before beginning any treatment. We utilize an interdisciplinary approach to healing to treat the body, mind, and spirit together, as you are so much more than just the substance use disorder that brought you to us. We are here to help you regain your health, wellness, and future. Through a customized treatment plan, you can safely stop using substances and start down the path to healthier living, with all the support and care you need along the way, from detox, through inpatient rehab, outpatient rehab, and beyond. To get started, please call us now at (800) 426-1818.