Substance Abuse Clinics Long Beach
Professionals Can Help in Long Beach
If it is starting to feel like drugs or alcohol are taking over your life, remember that you are not alone. There are many types of substance abuse clinics Long Beach residents can access, with all kinds of treatments, programs, and levels of care that are customizable to suit your needs. For example, some people may not have a sober-friendly place to live, or they may have experienced a relapse in the past and are worried they may relapse again. In this case, staying inside an inpatient residential treatment center may be right for them. Other people may find the idea of going away and staying in inpatient rehab too difficult, or they may worry about finding care for their children or having issues taking time off work. For those people, an Long Beach outpatient treatment program may work better.
When looking into professional substance abuse clinics in Long Beach, there are many choices. With medical detox plans to make withdrawal symptoms less painful and distressing, and a variety of therapy options, treatment plans, and health care options available, there will be a program out there that can help you.
Inpatient vs. Outpatient Substance Abuse Clinics
Inpatient rehab treatment occurs as you live inside the substance abuse clinic full-time. This type of care offers plenty of benefits because you will be away from your usual routines, triggers, and the temptation of substances. Inpatient rehab provides stability in a comfortable and safe place with support, 24-hour medical oversight, and busy structured days filled with therapy, groups, educational programs, and other helpful care. Staying inside a residential treatment center will allow you to step outside of your everyday life and gain a new perspective on things as you heal, learn, and grow into a healthier sober version of yourself, one day at a time.
There are different levels of outpatient substance abuse clinics Long Beach residents can choose from. The most common types of outpatient rehab include:
- Partial hospitalization programs – depending on the treatment center, treatment is offered anywhere from 5 to 7 days a week, with full days of therapy and other care that is similar to a day in inpatient rehab. The difference is that you live at home the rest of the time, sleeping in your own bed and treating rehab as your full-time job. PHPs are usually short-term programs provided after inpatient detox and/or inpatient rehab, helping patients begin their sober life outside the treatment center by gradually gaining more freedom.
- Intensive outpatient programs – IOPs are very popular outpatient programs because they are often offered in the mornings, evenings, and weekends, on a schedule that allows patients to hold a part-time or full-time job, take care of their family and other obligations, and/or go to school while still getting the treatment they need. IOP sessions are usually 3 hours per day, for 3 to 5 days a week, depending on the program.
- Customizable outpatient aftercare programs – aftercare is an ongoing type of outpatient plan that keeps patients connected to treatment on their own terms after they complete their inpatient and outpatient rehab programs. Seeing the same doctors, therapists, and groups can establish a sense of community and make staying sober easier, with plenty of places to turn when temptation or triggers strike. This often includes 12-step and peer group support, with therapy and other treatments tapering off in intensity as time goes on.
6 Benefits of Detox Before Substance Abuse Treatment
Some of the biggest benefits of going to detox before beginning treatment at substance abuse clinics in Long Beach include:
- Full focus on your physical health and well-being as you detox, with plenty of rest and care
- Being able to begin dual diagnosis treatment and medications (if needed) before rehab begins
- Allowing you to start counseling and therapy feeling good, with a clear head
- You will be better equipped to make important decisions
- Getting over cravings before rehab will make you better able to focus on treatment and maximize your benefits by being fully present
- You will be less likely to relapse in the long term
How to Choose a Substance Abuse Clinic in Long Beach
When looking for the right substance abuse clinic for yourself, there are a few important factors to consider. You will want to find a place that prioritizes evidence-based treatments over “wellness” practices. Although holistic treatment benefits many, science-based therapies are proven effective in treating long-term substance use disorders.
An integrated program customized to your unique needs will utilize a variety of therapies and treatments to help you better understand yourself and the role addiction has played in your life. It will address the underlying causes of substance abuse while providing strategies and skills to help you prevent relapse and reduce stress in your life. You will learn new ways to think and act while building a new healthy routine you can stick to once rehab is over. Choosing a treatment plan that provides you with the full continuum of care, from inpatient treatment to outpatient rehab will give you all the support you need along your recovery journey.
Types of Therapy Offered in Substance Abuse Clinics
Some of the most common types of therapy offered in substance abuse clinics Long Beach include:
- Cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT)
- Dialectical behavior therapy (DBT)
- Family therapy
- Motivational interviewing (MI)
- Group therapy
- Fitness therapy
- Eye movement desensitization and reprocessing (EMDR)
- Holistic therapies like Yoga, art therapy, acupuncture, massage, meditation, and recreational therapy
Muse Is the Best Choice for Long Beach Substance Abuse Clinics
Muse Treatment Center is one of the best substance abuse clinics Long Beach has to offer, providing comprehensive, customized treatment programs to each of our clients. We are here for you and will meet you where you are, creating a plan that will work for you and fit your budget.
We offer an integrated program that combines evidence-based care with holistic treatments and 12-step programs so that you can heal your body, mind, and spirit in a whole-patient rehabilitation designed to set you up for success in the future. Some of the treatments we provide include:
- Behavioral therapy or other one-on-one therapy
- Nutrition and physical fitness counseling
- Educational programs and lectures
- Group therapy and process groups
- Dual diagnosis programs for those with co-occurring mental health conditions
- Art therapy
- Family therapy
- Life skills/vocational skills programs
- Relapse prevention skills
- Spirituality and/or 12-step methodologies
We offer inpatient medical detox programs with 24-hour medical care and medication-assisted programming, as well as inpatient residential programs, intensive outpatient programs (IOP), partial hospitalization programs (PHP), and aftercare, integrating therapy with 12-step methodologies and case management, providing relapse prevention skills, life skills, and healing you need to move forward in life and grow into the drug- and alcohol-free individual you want to be.
If you are ready to begin treatment, if you want to verify your insurance coverage, or if you want to find out more about the types of treatment we offer, please call Muse today at (800) 426-1818. Our team of non-judgmental doctors, nurses, psychologists, counselors, and other addiction professionals will ensure you feel safe, listened to, and supported every step of the way.