Suboxone Treatment Malibu
A Medication to Help With Opioid Addiction
Medication-assisted treatment, or MAT, is the gold standard for opioid addiction recovery, according to the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration. Suboxone is a type of prescription medication developed to help treat people with opioid use disorder, and it’s widely used in MAT programs. Muse Treatment offers Suboxone treatment Malibu residents can use as part of their recovery process, along with rehabilitation, therapy, spiritual healing, exercise and nutrition programs, and mental health care.
Dependence on opioids can set in quickly, and it’s characterized by withdrawal symptoms that occur when you stop using opioids suddenly. Suboxone removes the worst of the withdrawal symptoms like headaches, flu-like symptoms, anxiety, body pain, and intense cravings. This gives you room to breathe, relax, and begin the process of healing the body, mind, and spirit in rehab without being constantly distracted. MAT programs are highly effective in helping people achieve long-term recovery after an opioid use disorder, because they go beyond simply reducing drug withdrawal symptoms. They also work as a slower, easier way to lessen opioid drug use without intense suffering. Many MAT programs last for months or even sometimes years, depending on an individual’s needs.
What Is Suboxone Treatment?
Suboxone is a synthetic opioid drug made from 80% buprenorphine and 20% naloxone and was formulated specifically to combat opioid addiction. The buprenorphine portion of the medication is a partial opioid agonist that partially binds to opioid receptors in the brain to relieve withdrawal symptoms, while naloxone, an opioid antagonist, binds to the receptors and blocks the opioid’s euphoric effect.
Suboxone is administered orally as a tablet that is swallowed or a dissolvable film that goes under the tongue. This treatment is administered by a doctor who will supervise the dosage over a period of time as it is gradually decreased, tapering off until opioid dependence is no longer an issue. This process varies from person to person. For some, it may take months to years, and a lifetime for others.
The pain and discomfort that comes with opioid withdrawal is a major trigger for relapse, and a medication-assisted treatment plan that uses Suboxone improves your chances of recovery in the long run. Integral to medication-assisted treatment is a robust range of relapse prevention programs, which includes individual and group therapy, family therapy, and, in many cases, trauma-informed therapeutic strategies for success.
Learn more about how Suboxone is used during drug withdrawal treatment below:
Who Should Consider Getting Suboxone Treatment?
Suboxone treatment has been developed to help anyone with an opioid use disorder. Suboxone treatment can help people who are addicted to these commonly used opioids:
- Percocet or Percodan
These types of drugs are highly addictive—even when they’re prescribed by a physician to treat pain. In some cases, those taking opioids for pain develop a physical dependence on them but not a psychological addiction to them. Medication-assisted treatment is the best way to end a dependence on opioid painkillers.
If you find that you can’t stop using opioids even if you want to or try to, you may be addicted to them. Symptoms of opioid addiction include:
- Being unable to control opioid use
- Changes in sleep habits and self-care
- Financial, health, and relationship issues due to opioid use
- Keeping stashes of opioids or paraphernalia around
- Isolating from friends and family
- Strong, uncontrollable cravings for opioids
- Addiction is a chronic disease of the brain, and it requires treatment—especially when the drug of addiction is an opioid. A Suboxone MAT program will include a comprehensive rehabilitation plan with several levels of care, customized to suit your unique needs.
Is Suboxone Treatment in Malibu Covered by Insurance?
Yes, most health insurance plans will cover Suboxone treatment. Medication-assisted programs are considered a standard type of care used to treat opioid use disorders, so most health insurance plans consider it necessary. It’s important to verify your coverage before beginning detox, as every insurance plan will have its own rules around the types of treatments covered.
If you want help verifying whether your insurance covers MAT at Muse Treatment, we’re happy to help you. Call us at (800) 426-1818, and speak to one of our friendly staff to learn more about the Suboxone treatment Malibu residents can access at Muse Treatment and whether full or partial coverage is available through your insurance provider.
What to Consider When Choosing a Suboxone Treatment Facility
When looking for a treatment facility for Suboxone treatment, Malibu residents may wish to consider a treatment center that not only offers medically-supported detox but extends its care offerings to support a full rehabilitation holistically. These offerings may include:
- A medical detox program that features 24-hour clinical supervision, prescription medications, and mental health care provided as you begin your rehab journey safely and comfortably.
- Inpatient rehab usually lasts 30 to 90 days and involves living at the treatment center while engaging in full days of group, individual, and family therapy, exercise and nutrition programs, education about addiction, medical care, spiritual wellness practices, and more.
- A Partial Hospitalization Program, or PHP, is a transitional, short-term outpatient program that involves sleeping at home and attending treatment programming up to 7 days per week.
- An intensive outpatient program, or IOP, is a flexible outpatient treatment plan that allows you to return to work and school as you continue to attend rehab, therapy, medical appointments, and more. IOPs typically involve 3 to 5 days of programming each week, usually for 3-hour sessions.
- Ongoing aftercare to stay connected with doctors, therapists, peer groups, and another programming for consistent support as you recover.
Medication is only a small part of overcoming addiction, and going through the full continuum of care will give you the best possible chance at long-term recovery.
Muse Is a Premier Provider of Suboxone Treatment for Malibu Residents
Why choose Muse for Suboxone treatments Malibu residents can trust? We are fully accredited by the Joint Commission and provide each client with safe, expert, individualized treatment. We will customize your plan to meet your unique needs, ensuring your program helps you get healthy and provides you with the tools you need to beat an opioid addiction once and for all.
At Muse, we offer all levels of care, from inpatient detox and rehab programs to outpatient treatment programs like partial hospitalization and intensive outpatient treatment. From the moment you walk through our door, we will work with you to help you meet your individual recovery goals, express yourself, gain confidence, grow, and work toward becoming the person you want to be, while healing your body, mind, and spirit through holistic, integrated treatments.
If you’re considering Suboxone treatments for an opioid use disorder, please call Muse’s confidential line at (800) 426-1818. Our expert specialists are standing by now to help you start your journey toward sober living without pressure to commit. We can help you verify insurance coverage and create a plan that will stay within your budget, removing any obstacles that may be standing in the way of your long-term recovery. Call our Suboxone treatment center now for more information. We are here for you.